Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST)
c/o Ulm University
Prof. Fedor Jelezko
89081 Ulm, Germany
c/o University of Stuttgart
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Barz
70569 Stuttgart, Germany
Each time the website of IQST is accessed data is stored in server log files. The data is needed to ensure the website’s functionality and analysis of attacks on the website. The data will be deleted after 3 days. The following data is stored:
- Date and time of request
- IP address
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (access address of the specific web page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Volume of transferred data (bytes)
- “Referrer” address, if applicable
- Browser type
- Operating system and surface software
- Language and version of the browser software
The website of IQST does not use any Cookies.
We use state-of-the art encryption method via HTTPS (AlphaSSL certificate) in order to protect the security of your data during transfer, e.g. while using our contact form.
The protection of personal data is important to us. On the website of IQST, you have the option to get in touch with contact persons of the partnering institutions of the center for IQST, i.e. University of Stuttgart, Ulm University and Max-Planck-Institute for Solid State Research in Stuttgart. When you communicate with IQST via the provided email addresses, the personal data transferred in the process is used for the specified purposes only. No data will be passed on to third parties. However, we would like to point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. communication by e‑mail) has security gaps and cannot be completely protected against access by third parties. In the event that personal data is collected, we will always provide you with information about the stored data upon request.
If you wish your personal data to be deleted or changed, please send an e‑mail to iqst(at)iqst.org.
Social networks and YouTube
IQST maintains presences in the social networks Facebook and Twitter. You can also watch videos of IQST on YouTube. These presences can only be opened via links. We deliberately refrain from embedding social plug-ins in order to prevent direct data exchange.
III. Your rights as “data subject”
You have the following rights with regards to personal data concerning you:
- Right to information and access to your personal data that are stored by us (art. 15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data (art. 16 GDPR)
- Right to erasure of stored personal data, so long as their processing is not necessary for the purpose of exercising the right to freedom of speech and information, for the fulfilment of legal obligations, for reasons of public interest or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (art. 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing of personal data (art. 18 GDPR)
- Right to object to processing that serves our legitimate or a public interest, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (art. 21 GDPR); you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future (art. 7 para. 3 GDPR). In consequence, we must discontinue the data processing which was based on this consent in the future.
- Right to data portability (art. 20 GDPR)
You furthermore have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection regarding the processing of your personal data by us. Responsible supervisory authority is the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg.