Open Call for IQST Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018
We invite applications for a postdoctoral fellowship until June 30th, 2018.
The Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST) in Baden-Württemberg, Germany invites applications for a two-year IQST postdoctoral fellowship. The fellowship is meant to provide young scientists, of unusual ability and promise, an opportunity to start research on a problem of their choice within the stimulating environment of the Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST). The proposed research plan of the applicant should contribute to the overall goals and efforts of IQST; in particular, research plans that support the effort of collaboration between different disciplines, industry, and institutions will be viewed most favorably. Successful applicants will be hosted by an IQST Fellow for administrative and equipment support.
Applications, including a cover letter, a CV , the completed application form and an evaluation from the host IQST Fellow, should be sent to iqst(at)iqst.org with ‘Postdoc Fellowship Application’ in the subject line by June 30th, 2018.
- salary is based on a TVöD E13 Full-time position.
- funding for up to 24 months
- administered directly by an IQST Fellow
Proposals will be evaluated by the IQST Executive Board.
- Scientific excellence reflected in your academic and research record, demonstrating the ability to secure further funding to start a young researcher group within the Center for IQST during the two-year fellowship (e.g. Emmy Noether Program or ERC starting grant).
- Scientific proposal will be judged by its innovation, feasibility, and significance.
- Evaluation by the host Fellow explaining the contribution of the proposed work to IQST.
- Completion of the PhD after June 2013.
For any questions about your application before submission, please contact:
- Prof. Dr. Tilman Pfau (director), University of Stuttgart
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Ankerhold (co-director), Ulm University
- Dr. Mahdieh Schmidt (scientific manager), University of Stuttgart